How Can the Latest Dental Technology Enhance My Treatment?
Dental technology is constantly progressing and these innovations can make your visit more convenient, comfortable, and stress-free than ever. Our office houses several of the most advanced machinery in cosmetic and preventive dentistry, including:
- OPMI® Pico Dental Microscope: An invaluable tool that isn’t available in all dental offices, our team is excited to provide patients with a more precise treatment process using the OPMI® microscope. This technology provides extreme magnification of the teeth and gums to make early diagnosis and treatment of potentially harmful conditions possible. As a result, patients are able to achieve rapid healing, improved outcomes, and an exceptional quality of care.
- Laser Periodontal Care with LANAP™: Laser-assisted techniques to treat gum disease can now remove infected tissue non-surgically. As a non-invasive treatment, LANAP™ meticulously removes bacteria and diseased gum tissue without surgery, anesthesia, or gum grafting. This technique also helps regenerate bone and healthy gum tissue.
- 3D Imaging with Cone Beam X-Ray: Our office is equipped with the latest model of the powerful Cone Beam X-Ray, a device that creates advanced 2D and 3D panoramic images of your teeth and mouth. Like the OPMI® microscope, the Cone Beam X-Ray can make the diagnosis and treatment planning processes more accurate.
- iTero® Digital Scanning and Impressions: Digital impressions eliminate the need for uncomfortable and messy putties to obtain a mold of your mouth. Now, patients can simply relax in their chair while wireless intraoral technology renders extremely precise impressions of your teeth and oral structures.
With these technologies, you can feel confident you’re receiving the highest quality of care possible — whether you’re here for a routine check-up or a complete smile makeover! Our goal is to make your visit as efficient, precise, and relaxing as possible, and our team is thrilled to offer Bronx-area patients the latest state-of-the-art dental technology.
OPMI® Pico Dental Microscope
Dr. Victor Oelbaum & Associates is one of very few dental practices in the region equipped with the OPMI® Pico Dental Microscope — a highly advanced microscope capable of visualizing your oral structures in extreme detail. This magnification helps our team see things that may not be readily visible with the human eye, giving us the power to identify and treat potentially damaging conditions before they worsen. Thanks to the OPMI® microscope, the treatment process can be more efficient and may even save patients the time, expense, and invasiveness of treating more severe dental issues.
Ultimately, the OPMI® microscope is an effective tool our dentists use to magnify both the inside and outside of your teeth. With the microscope, root canal therapy, implant placement, and other procedures can be more accurately performed, which can result in faster healing and improved results. The dental microscope can also allow for earlier diagnosis and treatment of dental problems, ultimately giving us the opportunity to provide you with a higher quality of care.
Cone Beam X-Ray – 3D Imaging
The Cone Beam X-Ray is one of the latest advances in dental imaging, giving both Dr. Oelbaum and our patients some of the most precise and accurate views of their teeth and any potential problems along the teeth and gums. Developed by Gendex®, the Cone Beam X-Ray utilizes high-resolution image capture and dental mapping to provide an almost crystal-clear view of your teeth, helping to create a more accurate diagnosis and a customized treatment plan for a variety of dental issues.
With the Cone Beam, Dr. Oelbaum can view both 2D and 3D panoramic images of your teeth. When you view the images with him, Dr. Oelbaum can give you a more comprehensive overview of what’s going on and talk with you about your treatment options. The image can be manipulated to show you virtually all areas of your mouth. For dental implant procedures, Dr. Oelbaum can clearly see where the nerves are and the amount of bone density present in the jaw. For prospective root canals, he can obtain a more precise view of the nerve structure in the affected tooth. The Cone Beam X-Ray is also beneficial in situations where the tooth may be fractured or cracked in some way, giving Dr. Oelbaum a much clearer and accurate look at the problem area.
This innovative new imaging technology is yet another way for Dr. Oelbaum and his experienced dentists to provide his patients with thorough diagnoses and a more comfortable and educational treatment process.
3Shape® Intraoral Scanner
The 3Shape® intraoral scanner is another powerful tool our office uses to obtain accurate impressions of your teeth and gums without the discomfort of dental putties. Rather than bite into a mold, patients can relax while the handheld device renders high-quality 3D images of your mouth with unrivaled accuracy. This faster, less invasive method of attaining your bite measurements can:
- Provide more accurate data to optimize your treatment
- Reduce dental anxiety and accelerate the treatment process
- Eliminate potential gagging that can sometimes occur with dental molds
- Allow our dental team to more effectively communicate information about your teeth, oral health, and treatment
iTero® 3D Digital Scanner
In order to gain a more realistic and detailed look at the teeth and gums, our dentists utilize the iTero® digital scanner. This wireless intraoral technology can allow us to achieve more accurate impressions of the teeth with a higher level of patient comfort and reliability than traditional plaster models. This cutting-edge 3D scanner is capable of rendering digital impressions of your dental arches in real color, giving you the opportunity to better understand the state of your oral structures while our dentists can provide more precise diagnoses and treatment evaluations.
Plus, the easy scanning process has been known to reduce chair time for patients. Rather than deal with traditional impression materials, our dentist gently guides the handheld device along your teeth and gums while you are seated comfortably. In seconds, high-quality scans of your full dental arches as well as the palette of the upper jaw are captured in real time to aid and optimize the treatment planning process. The iTero® scanner can also document implant positions with more precision, and even measure the exact shade of your enamel with more reliability than the human eye, among many other functions. This can be invaluable to orthodontics, routine check-ups, and a number of other cosmetic, restorative, and prosthodontic treatments.
Our practice employs this technology to provide the most sophisticated oral care possible, as well as to create a more efficient and effective treatment experience.
LANAP™ Laser Technology
Our Bronx dentists use the advanced LANAP™ Laser Assisted New Attachment procedure to treat gum disease safely and effectively. This advanced technique eliminates the need for a scalpel and more invasive gum surgery procedures. With the LANAP™ laser, bacteria and diseased gum tissue can be meticulously removed using laser energy. Healthy tissue is left alone. Once the area has been removed of tartar on the tooth roots, the laser is used again to sterilize the treated areas and seal the gum pockets. The LANAP laser is also capable of helping to regenerate bone in the treatment areas. Patients typically have very little gum or teeth sensitivity after treatment, and any minor discomfort can often be alleviated with over-the-counter medication. This state-of-the-art laser dentistry procedure can be a vital component in maintaining oral health and keeping your gums as free from bacteria as possible.
If you would like more information on our dental technology and how it can help to make your treatment more accurate, more comfortable, and more successful, please contact Dr. Oelbaum today.